Companies face a multitude of complex tax legislation matters, on a daily basis, as a result of their internationalized activities. The VAT rules, that consist of different layers (e.g. European Directives and Regulations, local VAT law, national and European case-law, administrative guidelines and notices, parliamentary questions, local practice,), do not deviate from the pattern .
An efficient VAT management leads to substantial financial benefits. On the contrary, a misunderstanding of the rules can turn out to be financially detrimental. The pitfalls in this area are pretty abundant and fines (e.g. double taxation, administrative penalties, late payment interest) prove to be high, even if the taxpayer acts bona fide.
- Analysis and advice on all VAT questions and issues related to your economic activity (eg. international trade, real estate, right of deduction);
- Analysis of the VAT status of your company and optimisation of the right of deduction for mixed/partial taxable persons including, but not limited to, non-profit organisations and public bodies;
- VAT Scan involving the detection of any risk exposures, errors, mismatching, inconsistencies or omissions in terms of VAT with the goal of preparing or anticipating VAT audit of Tax Authorities;
- VAT due diligence in case of transfer of going-concern (e.g. merger, acquisition, split, disposal of business segment );
- Design and implementation of VAT Unity and similar mechanism;
- Negotiation and application – for advanced rulings with the Tax Authorities;